Thursday, March 01, 2007

Innovation Updates

It's been a while since my last post. What have I been up to the past few weeks? I took a week off and instead of working on MyVoteforPrez.com like I hoped to I decided to be lazy. I've been working on a few small projects though. One of them is ZlataPR.com. This is a domain I bought for Zlata a few months ago. She'd eventually like to have a site like TMZ or Perez Hilton which act as sources for entertainment news and gossip. I decided to use the Google AJAX Search API to display recent news articles and videos for Zlata's Hot Topics. For now the site only displays links to other sites and news sources. The search APIs are really easy to use and can be configured without too much knowledge of JavaScript or AJAX which is nice for beginners. I downloaded the Google Web Toolkit today and played around a little bit. I'd love to develop some cool widgets with it when I have some time...need to refresh my Java skills now!

No comments: