Wednesday, March 14, 2007

JessesGadgets.com is profitable!

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that JessesGadgets.com is profitable. After a few sales recently I've covered all of the overhead of this operation. By overhead I mean web hosting fees. Everything else for the rest of 2007 is pure profit.
How did this happen in under three months? I'd like to thank Froogle and Google Base for listing my items and Google AdWords for generating impressions of my products to customers in Colorado, Arkansas and beyond. Revenue targets for the summer are pretty high but I'm confident JessesGadgets will exceed them given the extremely high demand and limited supply of Yankees tickets.
What does this prove? Well...it proves a few things. Most importantly it proves that the market for selling used products online is FAR from saturated thanks to Web 2.0 products like Google Base and Froogle. Why would anyone pay to list their items on Ebay when Froogle offers so many different ways to list them for free? Now that Google Checkout is catching on with Froogle customers and merchants I would be very worried if I were Ebay!

No comments: