Monday, January 15, 2007

Jesse's Gadgets Ready for Production

I made a few touch-ups to the checkout process and the Blogger feed and now JessesGadgets.com is ready for production. I changed the customer experience slightly to a smoother checkout process. I'm basing my changes on the assumption that each user is only looking to purchase one item at a time. After an item is added to the shopping cart the user is redirected a page which lists the items in the shopping cart. The user can either checkout (using Google Checkout) or continue shopping. I was able to get this functionality working using forms that posts hidden values to a php page which updates the shopping cart. I also added some text next to the "View Cart" link on the main page which shows the # of items currently in the shopping cart. This week I'm going to delete all of my test data and load some "real" gadgets that we're going to sell. Once I do this I'll switch out of the Google Checkout Sandbox environment into production. At that point JessesGadget items should be searchable in Froogle (and Google Base once I add them.)

No comments: